Monday, July 20, 2009

Bribery and the Art of Embarrassment

So I offered to make it worth my darling husbands while if he purchased me a Golden Gaytime ice-cream when he ran into the late night store last night.  However I promptly fell asleep while putting the kids to bed, so I'm sure left him feeling none to pleased with me...

 

Therefore when I did wake up at 2.30am and realised my faux pas, I grabbed the nearest piece of scrap paper and scrawled him a lewdly written IOU.  Thinking it would at least put a smile on his face when he woke up. 

 

Yes it seemed like a good idea at 2.30 in the morning.  So I ring him today to ask if he likes his note, to learn he very nearly gave it to my MOTHER!!!  How does this happen you may ask, well I had mistakenly written it on the back of print out I had made of her work information (that was in the shredding pile).  Thankfully though he flipped to the other side and realised his mistake before it was too late. 

 

While I squirmed in embarrassment on the floor at the idea of my mother nearly having read that IOU, Phil pointed out that HE would have been the one to hand it to her, and therefore it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think it was from him to my poor mother. 

 

Now can you just imagine the conversation that would have ensued between my Dad and dear husband with that misunderstanding!!!!  It boggles the mind, and has left me giggling all day long...

 

Well until the next time I inadvertently try to wreak a bit of destruction...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment